Here you will find some tips about how to write cancellation letter of services.
- Write your cancellation letter in a polite language. Keep your tone firm while notifying the service provider regarding your decision of cancelling the membership.
- Write the name and address of the person / company to whom you are sending the letter. Enter the current date and a short and meaningful subject line in terms of delivering the purpose of your letter in a first look.
- Start the main body of the letter with an appropriate salutation. Write the recipient’s name with ‘Mr. / Ms. [Last Name]’ to show respect or ‘To Whom it May Concern’.
- Clearly state the date you will be cancelling the service.
- Explain the reason of your service cancellation in brief and factual manner.
- Mention the company’s name, date of contract and other contact information. You can write down your account number if is important.
- Request correspondence from the service providing company confirming the cancellation of membership is accepted. This will serve you as a proof of cancellation acceptance.
- Do not forget to request them for the review of payment and refund of your services you have availed till date and to deposit the refund, if applicable.
- Close your letter with a complimentary closure. For example, ‘Sincerely’ Or ‘Truly Yours’.
- If you have enclosed any other document with your service cancellation letter, mention that with an ‘Enclosure’.
- Do not forget to include a handwritten signature.
Other Categories of Cancellation Letter Writing Tips:-
Tips for Writing Effective Vendor Cancellation Letter
We have provided some useful tips to how to write a vendor cancellation letter. Compose your cancellation letter on the standard business format.
10 Tips on Writing a Project Cancellation Letter
Here we have provided you some tips to follow while writing project cancellation letter. Compose your letter on your official letterhead to give it a more professional touch.
Tips for Writing Effective Timeshare Cancellation Letter
Here are some tips and guidance for writing a timeshare cancellation letter. Keep the tone of your cancellation professional.
Tips for Writing an Meeting Cancellation Letter
We have provided some tips writing how to inform a meeting cancellation. The format of the letter mostly remains the same.
Tips for Writing a Cancellation Notice Letter
Here are some tips to help you how to draft your own notice cancellation letter. If you are composing your letter on the official letterhead there is no requirement of the return address.
Tips to Write a Gym Membership Cancellation Letter
Here are some tips to write a formal gym membership cancellation letter. Write the name of the person, company, address of the gym and the current date on which you are sending the letter.