Here are a few tips that a person should keep in mind while writing a farewell letter after resignation.
- The reader must be addressed properly. Use a proper salutation to greet the reader. Be certain that you have spelled the name correctly. If you address the letter to a group friends, then use those salutations that goes with your purpose.
- Use professional language. Try to avoid flattery or informal language as it may seem insensitive to the reader. Choose your words carefully as words have the power to create an impact on the reader. Write your letter in a formal way.
- The letter should be brief, clear and to the point. Try not to include any irrelevant or unnecessary information in the letter. Only relevant facts must be mentioned in the letter. The body of the letter should clearly convey your message.
- Write a short note of appreciation for your coworkers. Share the memorable moments in the letter, if any. Express your feelings about the organization and the employees.
- Do not forget to add a note of thanks to your colleagues.
- If you want, you can add the contact detail for further communication.
- Close the letter with a statement that says goodbye in some way. If possible, specify your mobile number or an email address so that they can stay in touch with you.
Other Categories of Farewell Letter Writing Tips:-
Tips to Write a Farewell Letter to a Friend
As a farewell letter to a friend is not used for any formal purpose, a person doesn’t have to follow any strict rules to write this letter.
6 Tips for Writing Farewell Letter to Clients
Following are a few tips that will help a person to write a farewell letter to the client.
Tips to Write a Farewell Letter to Boss
As a farewell letter to a boss is a formal gesture to say goodbye, you can follow some tips which a person must keep in mind while writing the letter.
Business Farewell Letter Writing Tips
Writing a business farewell letter means riding back the past days of your working life.
Tips to write a Farewell Letter to Coworkers
We have provided best tips for farewell letter to co workers to make your writing flawless.
Farewell Letter Writing Tips
Farewell letter are typically written to inform your collogues that you are leaving your current organization.