Leave letter is written to make a formal request of leave. It could be written for taking leave from School or office. It serves as formal document to notify your employer or school authority about your absence. It covers the relevant information regarding the leave including the reason and the duration of absence.
Professionals usually require writing this to their employer stating the request of leave with the details regarding the leave. You can write it for a wide variety of reasons such as sickness, personal or family issues. If you are confused for how to write it, you can select one among the most common formats of such letters, Full Block format, Semi Block format, Modified Block format and Modified Block format of absence letter. Here we have provided some good easy tips to help you write an effective leave letter.
Format and manner:
- Compose a formal letter on the official letterhead as this is a professional communication.
- Keep the tone of the letter sincere, formal and humble.
- Follow the format of standard business letter writing.
- Enter the current date followed by a meaningful subject line.
- Make a short and snappy subject line by including relevant facts to make it easy to understand.
- Address it directly to the concerned person.
- Start it with an appropriate and official greeting such as “Dear” followed by the name of the concerned manager with the appropriate title — “Mr.”, “Ms.” or “Mrs.”
- State the purpose of writing in the initial lines.
- Provide the reason for the leave request and the time period of absence in the first paragraph.
- Providing a valid reason for taking leave, attach the medical report, hospital receipt or any other supportive document with it to support your request.
- If you are able to assist some of your colleagues regarding your current project, mention it clearly in the middle paragraph.
- Provide details evidently if you have completely transferred your project or responsibilities to other team member.
- Conclude it amicably with a thank you note.
- Provide your contact detail and request the recipient to contact you in time of requirement.
- Put your signature and send it.
Other Categories of Leave Letter Writing Tips:-
Tips to Write a Leave Letter for Marriage
A leave letter for marriage needs to handle carefully with giving details of the requested leave.
6 Tips for Writing Leave Letter to Boss
Leave letter to boss deals with the subject of taking leave so that it should be handled in a proper way.
Tips for Writing Effective Leave Request Letter
Writing a leave request letter is not always easy and you have to be very good in presenting your thoughts.
Tips to write an Annual Leave Letter
An annual leave letter deals with the subject of taking leave from allotted annual leaves to an employee.
Tips for Writing a Sick Leave Letter
Here we have provided some tips to writing effective sick leave letter.