Certification letters are usually written to verify something officially. This letter can be of great use in situations where third party verification is required. For instance, if you are a student you may require a letter of certification to officially certify your school/ college/ university enrollment, scholarships, student loan, visa, insurance discounts or just to demonstrate your academic career. And if you are a working person applying to some job, you may be asked for a certification from your potential employer. If you are an employer you may be require to certify your current and former employs for a number of purposes.
Certification letters are also presented to a student after the completion of a certain course, or to an employee indicating that he/ she has performed a commendable task and so on. It can be issued only by certain authorities and hence, they hold a great value. Study the below given points to get a fair idea to clear your confusion about how to write a perfect certification letter.
Tips on how to Write a Certification Letter
- Certification letters are simply letters of confirmation hence it should be composed on the official letterhead and formatted under the guidelines of the standard business letter format.
- It should be addressed directly to the concern person with a polite and firm tone. Avoid legal jargon, flowery and complex sentence formation.
- This also serves as an official record so write the important information explicitly in a simple language.
- It should cover all the relevant information in concise and precise manner. Try to be as specific as possible.
- Because this type of letter may be used as an official record, it is important that the information is explicit and the language clear.
- While writing a certificate letter for an employee provide specific information such as the dates of when employment began and when it ended.
- Give detail about the specific job duties/ responsibilities and the current or last designation.
- You can add some sentences about the positive attributes of the employee.
- Do not forget to include contact information, so the recipient of the certification can contact you with any questions.
- Put the signature of the authorized person.