Sample Letter of dispute is a formal way to notify the credit card company or the other financial institutions about the inaccurate charges. It contains all the relevant information regarding the dispute. It provides you a platform to explain the points why the associated charge is defective. It also gives you a chance to propose the remedy of the problem.
Writing such letter seems a daunting job and usually u get confuse on how to write it. There is a simple rule, just make a clear and concise presentation of your dispute. Provide a list of your points of disagreement with some documentary proofs.
Follow these quick writing tips to make your letter effective and successful.
- Compose it under the guidelines of standard business letter writing format.
- Write a short and simple letter. There is no need of complex sentence or legal jargons.
- Select serious and firm words to express your grounds of objection.
- The tone of the letter should be sincere and serious. Do not use pleading or intimidating tone. The correct tone of letter makes a great difference.
- It should be clear and detailed with a factual subject line.
- Always use your official letterhead as this is a highly formal letter. If you do not have one, start your letter with your name, address and contact number followed by the same details of the recipient.
- If there is more than two points of objection, make the list of the points on which you are disagreed.
- If you are writing for a dispute charges, mention all information that you have on the charges clearly. List all of them in detail including the account numbers.
- Mention the specific inaccurate or questionable points related with a certain account in the middle paragraph.
- Clearly request them to scrutinize your matter immediately and remove the charges. Provide a time frame. This will help you in fast settlement.
- Give some suggestions regarding the steps you want to be taken in terms to resolve the issue.
- Provide your contact details and ask them to send you the copy of the statement after correction.
- Make two copies of your correspondence. Keep one copy of each enclosed document along with your letter for further reference.
- Put your signature and send it.
Other Categories of Dispute Letter Writing Tips:-
Tips for Writing Effective Dispute Letter to Creditor
Here are some tips which will help a person to write the dispute letter in a better way.
Tips to Write a Dispute Letter to Credit Bureaus
Following are the tips that one must keep in mind while writing a dispute letter to the credit bureaus.
Billing Dispute Letter Writing Tips and Guidelines
Following are a few tips that will help a person to write a billing dispute letter in a better way.
Tips to write a Dispute Letter to Collection Agency
We have provided some best tips to dispute letter to collection agency to help you in your writing process.