Sales Letter is a formal letter written in order to generate a new customer base and encourage the existing ones for more business. It is most likely issued by the sales department of companies. It could be sent to a set of customers or written for an individual and is considered one of the best way of business correspondence.
It is usually used to introduce new products / services, promote a current sale, special offer /promotion and so on. You may also send it to prospecting customers to provide an introduction of your products/ services as sales introduction letter.
Here are the basic tips on how to write a sales letter to make it effective.
- Compose it on your business letterhead as it is a professional correspondence.
- Write it in the standard format of business letter writing.
- Do not forget to write the current date.
- Create a crisp and significant subject line to convey the gist of the letter in first look.
- It could be very formal to less formal in tone, depending on the type of industry, relationship with the client or the type of the offer.
- Use simple and easily understandable language. Do not write it in flowery or complex language in order to impress the recipient as it may fail to give you the desired result.
- If you are writing this to your existing customer include his sales history and write some lines to appreciate him for his purchase.
- Stress more on your offers and benefits rather writing countless lines about your company or wide range of products.
- If you have more than two products/service to introduce or you have a long list of sales offers/benefits, present it in tabular form or make a list of all those. This will deliver your message with more clarity.
- Provide the contact number of your customer care executive or service department and encourage the recipient to contact you for further assistance.
- Write your website address and encourage your customer to explore the website for further information.
- You may invite the recipient to visit your company to have a look of your product or mention a particular date on which you contact.
- Mention some testimonials from your commendable customers. Endorsement of other customers will increase your authenticity.
- Write a thank you note in the last paragraph and wrap up your writing with a gesture of gratitude.
- Proofread it to make a letter free from spelling or grammatical errors. Make a perfect letter as it will demonstrate your professionalism and credibility.
Other Categories of Sales Letter Writing Tips:-
Tips to Write a Follow-up Sales Letter
Here we have provided best tips to make your writing effective follow up sales letter.
How to Write an Effective Sales Letter
Sales letter is the best way to communicate about your product/services in a formal manner.