Scholarship letter is a formal letter written to compliment the application of scholarship. Most colleges request for scholarship essay or letter with the traditional application form. It is written to provide more clarity to your application. It serves as an official opportunity to demonstrate your appropriateness for the scholarship. Such letters highlight all your qualifications and remarkable skill sets that make you the best candidate for the scholarship.
If you are uncertain about writing such letters, you may always follow the scholarship guidelines and instructions carefully offered by the college. It normally covers all the essential details with a thank you note at the end. There are several templates and sample letter available over the internet but only a customized letter will give you the desired result.
We have presented some effective writing tips of scholarship letter to make your appeal more successful.
- Follow the standard format of business letter writing and compose a flawless and effective letter.
- Put your name, college, address and contact details on the top.
- Write the addressee’s contact information including the name, title, institution and address in the next line.
- Enter the current date on which you send the letter.
- Create a clear subject line. Make it meaningful with some relevant information.
- Start it with a formal greeting such as “Dear Mr. / Mrs. / Ms. / Dr. / Prof.”
- Introduce yourself in the first paragraph. Write the purpose of your writing and spell out the name of the scholarship in the opening lines. Make it brief and factual including a short and snappy description of your academic qualification. Create an attractive summary description of your qualification and skill sets to grab the attention of the recipient.
- Present at least two or three unique achievement of yours to prove you the best deserving candidate for the scholarship in the middle paragraph of your letter. Provide some examples to support your claims. You may have listed all your remarkable achievements in your scholarship application. Here you are required to supply proper explanation of the best two or three of them. Highlight your skills and qualities with some suitable examples.
- Summarize the entire matter in the last paragraph. Provide a gist of all important facts in the concluding paragraph. Add some positive and persuasive sentence in the last paragraph, for instance, “your prompt and positive action is anticipated”, “I look ahead to hearing from you soon” or something similar to it.
- Express your gratitude for the board of scholarship or the recipient in last lines.
- Provide your contact details and request them to contact you for further clarification.
- Write an appropriate formal valediction such as “Sincerely”, “Truly”, “Faithfully” or something similar to it.
- If you have attached any document with it, mention it clearly in the end under the enclosure notation.
- Proofread it carefully to make a perfect document. Avoid grammatical, spelling and punctual errors. Review it carefully that you have entered all the essential points and emphasized the important facts.
- Put your signature on the final copy and send it to the recipient.
Other Categories of Scholarship Letter Writing Tips:-
Tips on Writing a Good Scholarship Letter
Scholarship letter is a formal letter written to compliment the application of scholarship.
Tips for Writing an Effective Scholarship Award Letter
We have presented some tips to make your writing effective scholarship award letter.