We have presented best tips to make your writing effective character reference letter.
- Compose it on your official letterhead. If you do not have one, write it in a manner to make it look authentic and professional.
- Follow the typical template of business letter writing.
- Write your name, title (if possible), organization (if possible), address and contact number.
- Mention the recipient’s name, title (if possible), organization (if possible) and address.
- Enter the current date. Dates matters a lot in such letters as it demonstrates your latest encounter with the person questioned in it.
- Create a crisp subject line to deliver the gist of the letter in the first look.
- Start it with a formal salutation.
- Introduce yourself in the opening lines and provide a brief description of the person subject to writing.
- Mention some of his professional and educational qualification to demonstrate its personality and intelligence.
- Confirm the person’s job title/responsibilities, attitude, work performance, skills, salary structure, benefit details and allowance only if it is required.
- Highlight his remarkable strengths or characteristics to support his candidacy.
- Provide a summary of all the remarkable points in the last paragraph to grab the attention of the reader.
- Thank the reader in the end and request him to contact you without hesitation if he needs to discuss it further.
- Close it with a formal valediction, “Yours faithfully”, “Truly”, “Sincerely” or something similar to it.
Other Categories of Reference Letter Writing Tips:-
Tips on How to write a Reference Letter for Student
A reference letter for student gives the details of the referred student, especially his academic background.
Tips on How to write a Adoption Reference Letter
Writing an adaptation reference letter needs accurate information regarding the child.
How to Write a Employment Reference Letter With Sample
An employment reference letter is made for the employment purpose.
Tips for Writing a Reference Letter
Reference letter is a formal letter written to provide reference to a particular person.