Whenever you are writing any kind of a business or employment letter, by default you have to write a professional letter regardless of whom you are addressing this letter to. Therefore, it is extremely important that you always follow the rules for Writing a Professional Letter.
In this post, we have come up with a Professional Written Letter Example that you can use for customizing or understanding the right Written Letter Format. We have also included in this post the important guidelines for formatting the professional letter. So keep reading and follow the Sample Professional Letter Format to create your own.
How to Format a Professional Letter
We have come up with a list of points that will help you in formatting your professional letter the right way:
- Addressing the letter: If there is a contact person to whom you are writing this letter then make sure that you address it to her or him.
- Professional start and end: It is very important to have a professional start as well as closing to your letter. This means that you must use the right greeting and right closure to keep it strictly professional.
- Body of the letter: Make sure that each and every paragraph of your letter is specific and highlights the information because of which you are writing the letter.
- Thank in the end: It is important that when you end your letter, the last paragraph of your letter includes a thank you note for the person to whom you are writing for considering your request and taking out time to read your letter.
- Include your contact information: Always include your contact details like full name, address, email, contact number etc. for the reader to get in touch with you.
- Length: Make sure that you do not write a long letter. Two or three paragraphs are good enough. An ideal length of such a letter is around one single page.
- Font: The ideal fonts for the professional letter are Arial, Times New Roman, Calibri. The right font size for a professional letter is 12 points as it is perfect to read.
- Spacing: Always single space the letter. Leave one space between two consecutive paragraphs and left justify your letter.
Professional Letter Sample Format
54, Henry Apartments
Date: June 07, 2023
Mr. Adam Gibbs
Dear Mr. Adam,
The purpose of writing this letter is to inform you that I will be on leave from June 10th, 2023 to June 14th, 2023.
My father is going to have a small surgery and I need to be there with him to take care of him as there is no one else who can stay with him during this time. I have discussed this situation with my colleague, Mr. Robin Brown, and he is going to be the incharge of my project during my absence.
During this time, I will be available on phone as well as on email and my team can get in touch with me in case of any emergency. If you need any further details on this then please feel free to contact me at 9898989898.
Thank you for your time and consideration.