Order letter is a formal business letter to notify the particulars of a purchase of services or commodities from an organization or individual to another. It covers all the essential instructions required for the delivery of the ordered consignments. A written document for a business order is always a good choice to avoid ambiguity in its fulfillment and payment.
It is a very commonly practiced format of writing in business deals. It deals basically with the supplies and purchase restraining works. It also serves as a legal document of an agreement for a business deal between two parties. It informs about your necessities of goods or services to the service or goods provider. It informs the other party about the details of the requirement with its date of delivery and the payment structure. We have presented some good writing tips to make your order letter flawless.
- Compose it on the business letterhead to make this correspondence formal and authentic.
- Standard format of business letter writing is the best to write it.
- Make a short, succinct and factual letter to place your order. It should be focused and written within three paragraphs until there is some very important information required to be mentioned in it.
- Enter the current date followed by the subject line. Subject line should be short and meaningful including the specific details to deliver the gist of the letter in first look.
- Address it directly to the concerned person with a formal and appropriate salutation.
- Provide a brief description of the consignment with your requirements.
- Spell out the particular product code, date of delivery, payment amount and the other details related with the consignment.
- If it is for more than two services or products, provide a clear list of the items or dedicate a separate paragraph for each of them.
- Handle the matter of money with great care. If you have already made the payment or have paid any advance against the order, mention this fact without ambiguity in the middle paragraph.
- Mention it clearly if you have asked for samples of the commodities before the actual delivery.
- Declare the mode of payment, payment structure or the outstanding amount specifically.
- Clearly mention the essential details regarding the terms and conditions agreed upon by you and the business associate involved in that deal.
- Provide your contact details and request the recipient to contact you as per his requirement.
- If you are writing this to place some order, mention the preferable manner of shipping.
- If you have required receiving the particular service or projecting immediately, clearly remind the recipient in the last paragraph.
- You can also add annotation of postscript (P.S.) to highlight the most important fact of the letter.
- Thank the recipient in the end and close it with a formal notation of closure.