Transmittal letter is a form of business correspondence that provides information about the contents and intention of the accompanied document or report. It works as a cover letter in addition the attached official faxes and emails. It provides a suitable description of the content mentioned in the faxed documents or the files attached to an official email. Such letters are written precisely to deliver only necessary information.
It is a professional letter sent in advance for the submission of main data, account statements, business proposals or confidential research reports. It is written as a cover letter for report submissions.
Here we have provided some best writing tips on how to write an effective transmittal letter.
- Compose it on the business letterhead as it is a form of business correspondence.
- Write it in the full or semi block style business letter writing format.
- Mention your name, title, company’s name, address and other contact information at the top.
- Leave one or two line and list the date under your information. Mention the date line in its full form to avoid ambiguity.
- Write down the receiver’s name, title (if applicable), organization (if applicable) and address.
- Create a short and snappy subject line including some pertinent information such as account number or other identifying information to make it more significant.
- Address the recipient specifically with a formal salutation such as “Dear Mr. / Mrs. / Ms”. If you are not aware with the recipient “Dear Sir or Madam” will suffice.
- Provide an organized outline of your reason for writing the letter in the opening lines.
- Provide some detailed information in the second paragraph about the background of the document you are accompanying with it.
- You can also communicate the additional and sensitive information in it.
- Highlight the main points of the accompanied document.
- Provide the detailed information about the key purpose, features, deliberation, and significance of it.
- Spell out the exact dates and the. Include the deadlines by which the recipient must take action on the information mentioned in the document.
- If it contains the multiple pages, provide a list of all those in the end of the letter.
- Provide your contact detail and ask the recipient to contact you without hesitation for further clarification.
- Thank the recipient and conclude the last paragraph.
- Proofread it carefully to deliver an error free and flawless letter. A perfectly worded letter demonstrates your professionalism and credibility.
- Put your signature on the final letter and send it to the recipient.
Other Categories of Transmittal Letter Writing Tips:-
Tips for Writing Effective Army Transmittal Letter
Here we have presented some easy tips to make your writing effective army transmittal letter.
Tips for Writing a Transmittal Letter
Transmittal letter is an important communication tool in business correspondence.