As a farewell letter to a friend is not used for any formal purpose, a person doesn’t have to follow any strict rules to write this letter. But one can use the following tips to present the letter in a better way.
- A farewell letter to a friend is an informal letter. But one must try not to use flattery language as it may seem insensitive. Use personal communication to draft your ideas.
- Write the letter on a good quality stationary that will create good impact on the reader and he or she may feel that you actually consider the recipient as your close friend.
- Clearly state the purpose of writing this letter. Write a short note of appreciation for the recipient. Tell him or her that it was nice being with him. Thank the recipient for all the support he or she gave you.
- Write a short paragraph to tell the person that you are going to miss that person. Share all the sweet memories, if you have any.
- Close the letter with a statement that says thank you in some way and ask the recipient to be in touch even after leaving the place.
Other Categories of Farewell Letter Writing Tips:-
Tips for Writing a Farewell Letter after Resignation
Here are a few tips that a person should keep in mind while writing a farewell letter after resignation.
6 Tips for Writing Farewell Letter to Clients
Following are a few tips that will help a person to write a farewell letter to the client.
Tips to Write a Farewell Letter to Boss
As a farewell letter to a boss is a formal gesture to say goodbye, you can follow some tips which a person must keep in mind while writing the letter.
Business Farewell Letter Writing Tips
Writing a business farewell letter means riding back the past days of your working life.
Tips to write a Farewell Letter to Coworkers
We have provided best tips for farewell letter to co workers to make your writing flawless.
Farewell Letter Writing Tips
Farewell letter are typically written to inform your collogues that you are leaving your current organization.