Breakup letter is a very personal letter written to inform a partner about the end of a relationship. Break ups are always tough and requires to be done in person. However, certain circumstances demand that the break-up should be initiated by writing down on paper.
Writing a breakup letter is the best way to tell your partner that you are no more interest in the relationship. There are certain benefits to writing such letters, for instance you get enough time to choose exactly what you want to say. And the best thing is you do not have to worry about losing you serenity and saying something you regret.
It serves best in conditions where you do not want to spend any more time working on the relationship or discussing what went wrong. With this letter you can clearly inform your partner that you are certain in your decision to split, and ask him/her to respect your decision of breakup.
Writing is the best option when you have been in a long-term relationship and you may want to show the respect of breaking up so you both can get on with your lives. Here are some tips suggested to write a good breakup letter.
Tips on how to write breakup letter
- Compose a rough outline that will help you cover everything that is important to you and relevant to the purpose of your breakup.
- Try to be completely honest with yourself and write down only the stuff which is true and necessary.
- Start the letter with a proper salutation, such as “Dear”.
- Express your reason of breakup in a humble tone. Never write down in a blunt manner that it was your ex partner’s faults. Though you can discuss if there was an obvious problem, such as cheating, drug or violence. You can state these reason with a soft tone by mentioning how much those things hurt you.
- The middle paragraph is a good place to state your intentions for moving forward. It is advisable that you write your reason with a kind, calm and civilized manner as no one deserves to be made into mincemeat, not even your ex partner.
- Add some sentences in the middle paragraphs to express your apologies for hurting your partner at any time. You can also inform him/her if there is anything you need from your partner.
- After writing your points of objection or the reasons of the breakup, you can write down something positive if you want to stay open to the possibility of friendship. Write down that though you both need time apart to make well, possibly in the future you can remain friends.
- You are also required to show the tender part of your heart, tell him/her that you wish the best in handling these problems, at the same time know that you no longer want to be involved in a relationship and have met a dead end.
- Mention some of the good qualities to ensure that you would not get a bitter and hurtful response.
- In the last paragraph wish best for the future.
- You can enter your contact number and email address if you wish to get contacted by your ex partner.
- Sign the letter however you feel most comfortable, such as “Wishing you the best.”
Other Categories of Break Up Letter Writing Tips:-
8 Tips to Write a Sad Break up Letter
Here are some tips on how to write a sad break up letter to guide you with the same. Bade adieu to everything you once shared as a couple in the letter.
5 Tips to write an Angry Break up Letter
Here are some tips to help you how to write a angry break up letter. Start with a notion to let someone know you are upset.
9 Tips for Writing an Funny Break Up Letter
Here you will finds some tips to help you writing funny break up letter. You may list down all the things you do not like about your partner.
8 Tips to write an Emotional Break up Letter
Follow these tips on how to write a emotional break up letter to compose you own without any confusion. Write a precise letter.
7 Tips to Writing a Love Break up Letter
We have provided a few tips to guide you to write your own breakup letter. Write down a short and rational letter. Convey your emotions and the message of breakup in a reasonable and meaningful manner.
6 Tips for Writing Relationship Break up Letter
Here are some tips on how to write a relationship break up letter graciously. You will also get a more clear idea about writing a break up letter.
8 Tips to write a Dramatic Breakup Letter
Here are some tips to write a dramatic breakup letter. Start with a blunt statement informing that you are no more in a relationship.
6 Tips to write a Goodbye Break Up Letter
We have given you some tips to help you in writing goodbye break up letter. Such letters are emotional, therefore, handle it with true emotions.
Tips for Writing Effective Break up Letter to Cheater
We have provided you some tips to help you how to write a break up Letter to a Cheater on such delicate issues.
7 Tips to write a Break up Letter to Husband
Here we have given you some tips to help in writing break up letter to husband.
7 Tips for Writing an Break Up Letter to Girlfriend
Here are some tips to give you an idea about how to write a break up letter to girlfriend. Write a clear and specific breakup letter.
8 Tips for Writing Break Up Letter to Boyfriend
Though we have tried our best to provide you some tips on how to write a break up letter to boyfriend.