Here we have provided some tips to writing effective sick leave letter.
- Compose it on the official letterhead as this a formal communication between the employee and the organization.
- Follow the format of business letter writing as this a formal sick absence request letter.
- Keep the letter short, clear and understandable.
- Keep the tone of the letter formal and sincere.
- Write simple and meaningful sentence to deliver your message without ambiguity.
- Address it directly to the human resource manager, supervisor, head of department or the authorized person.
- Enter the current date and create a subject line.
- Subject line should be factual and clear to convey your message in first glance.
- Start it with a formal and appropriate salutation.
- State the purpose of writing in the initial lines.
- Get straight to the point in the first paragraph without providing the background information of the sickness.
- Mention your doctor’s recommendation and the time frame you required to recuperate.
- Provide details of the current project and if you have transferred it some of your colleague.
- Attach the copy of the doctor’s report with it.
- Express your gratitude for the consideration of your request in the end.
- Close it with a formal complimentary closure notation.
Other Categories of Leave Letter Writing Tips:-
Tips to Write a Leave Letter for Marriage
A leave letter for marriage needs to handle carefully with giving details of the requested leave.
6 Tips for Writing Leave Letter to Boss
Leave letter to boss deals with the subject of taking leave so that it should be handled in a proper way.
Tips for Writing Effective Leave Request Letter
Writing a leave request letter is not always easy and you have to be very good in presenting your thoughts.
Tips to write an Annual Leave Letter
An annual leave letter deals with the subject of taking leave from allotted annual leaves to an employee.
Leave Letter Writing Tips
Leave letter is written to make a formal request of leave. It could be written for taking leave from School or office.