If you are planning to ask your boss for an increment in your salary then submitting your request in a properly framed letter is highly recommended. This is because the letter gives you a chance to explain the reasons that your work deserves a higher pay. So avoid asking for a hike verbally and take out some time to pen the letter which will always have brighter chances for you to get the increment.
Given below is a format sample letter requesting salary increase from your employer. Customize this letter to frame a personalized letter with necessary points that are required to be included.
Sample letter requesting salary increase for employee
123 Silver Street
42, Park Avenue
Date: 18st April, 2017
M.K Corporation Pvt. Ltd.
Dear Mr. Gibbs,
Working with M.K Corporation Pvt. Ltd. has been a great experience. In the last two years, I have embraced all the challenges and worked with dedication to learn new skills and come up with innovative ways to work that have helped in the growth of the organization. I began this journey as a sales intern and now I have become an important part of the team.
I would like to highlight some of my achievements in the last one year to bring some focus on my performance:
- Awarded Best Sales Executive twice in the last year.
- Resolved three cases of serious customer complaints by retaining the customers and bringing profits to the company.
I have worked with utmost dedication and commitment to meet the targets set for my profile and have always aimed at delivery beyond these targets. Based on my performance, I strongly feel the need to submit my request for increment to you. I would be glad if I can meet in person with you and discuss on the matter of salary increment that justifies my present performance. As per industry standards and my performance, I am requesting an increment of ten percent.
I would again like to mention that I am happy working in this organization and I promise to deliver much better results with every project that I get.
Thanking in anticipation. Looking forward to meet you.
- sample of enclosure
- letter of permission for sick leave
- formal letter complaint about restaurant
- sample of letter with enclosure
- afscheid manager
- an example of a letter to invite a church to perform burial service
- how to write letter of transfer
- letter template authorising sale of car
- sample agreement car accident
- a letter asking for forgiveness to your teacher for been rude or mean to her