Letter to credit can be an influential tool in dealing with credit businesses. There are times when you receive inaccurate or objectionable marks in your credit report. Credit report agencies or financial institutions like banks do not always include correct information while they prepare your credit records. It includes explicit information in order to fulfill your purpose.
When you receive an incorrect credit document from a bank or some credit report agency, it becomes your necessary action to notify it through a credit dispute letter. You can follow the formal format of writing such letter for your credit works. It could be a validation of debt, request of modified copy of your credit report or for some other confirmations. Here are some very useful guidelines that you can follow as tips to make your writing effective.
- Compose it in a formal format of business letter writing.
- Mention your name, Social Security number, address and contact detail followed by the same details of the agency you are writing this.
- Address it directly to the specific department to obtain the desired result timely.
- Put the current date.
- Create a clear and crisp subject line. Subject line should be short and factual as it conveys the real essence of the letter in first look.
- Address the reader formally. If you do not know the concerned person’s name you can write “To whomsoever it may concern” or “Dear sir/ madam”.
- State your purpose of writing clearly in the first paragraph. There is no need to explain all the points in initial lines.
- Provide detailed information including the dates, amounts or the other reference codes in the next paragraph.
- Explain your intention of writing in the middle paragraph. Mention clearly about what you are expecting. For instance, if you are writing a customary request for a modified copy of your credit report, indicate that your letter serves as a formal request for a modified copy of credit report.
- If you want to request for more information regarding your issue clearly request the concerned person.
- If your intention is to request a modification, enclose a copy of your inaccurate credit report that you have received with your letter. Highlight all the incorrect information and provide valid reasons about why it is wrong.
- You can take reference of Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) in a humble tone.
- In the last paragraph request them to send you the corrected copy immediately without any extra charges.
- Thank the concerned person in formally in the end and put your signature to make this letter authentic.