Letter of agreement can be considered as a written contract between two persons or parties with respect to the terms and conditions of the service requirement of the working committee. It could be between anyone like tenant and homeowner, employee and company regarding their work. This signed letter serves as their mutual agreement of the concerned parties for the same.
Here, we are not going to provide legal instructions regarding this letter. However letters of agreement requires some important points to be followed:
Tips to Write Letters of Agreement:
- Try to be as simple as possible regarding the language of this letter as this is just a written formality which comes only after the mutual agreement.
- If the project has some legal aspect or it is related with some complex issue, consideration of lawyer is required for a formal agreement.
- Give detailed information about all the terms and conditions of the commitment without getting conscious about the numbers or length of paragraphs.
- Mention all the points regarding the expenses like if it will be a very small amount, or discuss the payment mode, time and limit of expenses in detail.
- Separate all the items of agreement in case of many points by referring them as “Point no.” to avoid the confusion or missing of any term.
- Every agreement comes under the state government so always keep updated of the laws of state to avoid any hassle of court in future.
Some points not to Forget:
- Make sure that the letter of agreement serves your purpose.
- The project for which this letter has been made should be clearly named and described.
- The duration of service should be mentioned.
- The policies and other norms can be also mentioned.
- Never forget to thank your customers (or other parties) for selecting you for the commencement of a particular job.
- Be detailed and specific to avoid any bad experience in future because any unclear point will make both parties suffer.
- Add as many paragraphs as it takes to cover emergency conditions, mishappenings cost, deadline, schedule, and payment terms.
- Ask the vendor to provide a federal tax ID number and in case he is an individual, a Social Security number will do the trick.
- Conclude by asking for any advance payment if required.
Now draft a standard agreement letter by using the tips and guidelines provided and have your attorney review it.