Congratulation letter is the best way to acknowledge the remarkable success or achievements of someone in your work place or some of your close ones as well. A well worded letter of appreciation motivates the reader for continuous success. A personal note of congratulation strengthens your cordial bond with friends and family members.
You can write it to congratulate someone for wedding, child birth, new home, graduation, new job, job promotion and so on. These letters are usually written in friendly and casual tone.
However, it is written in more formal tone if you address this to a business associate or someone with whom you share a formal relationship. Here we have brought some useful tips to clear all you confusions regarding how to write an effective congratulation letter.
- The first rule of sending a congratulatory message is to send it promptly. Try to send it within forty-eight hours of learning of someone’s good luck. A late message fades the essence of your emotions.
- If you are writing this to someone in your work place of someone who is a formal friend of yours, follow the format of standard business letter writing. Compose it on your official letterhead if you want to draft a highly formal congratulation message.
- If you are writing to someone with whom you share a cordial relationship you are free to use a fancy letter writing pad and fancy fonts.
- Write down the full name, (title, organization if applicable) and the contact details in the top-right corner of the letter.
- Enter the date before you begin writing the main body.
- Start your letter with an appropriate salutation. Use the first name of the recipient with a cordial salutation to make it more personal.
- For a formal letter of appreciation imply a formal salutation like Mr., Ms. or Dr. with their last name to show respect.
- Start it in a pleasant and cordial tone. State the purpose of writing in warm and friendly manner.
- Do not write a long paragraph before revealing the purpose of writing. Directly come to the point and stat the initial lines with a notion of congratulation.
- State the success or achievement precisely that you are referencing in it. Mention the source from where you have got the good news.
- In the next paragraph explain your happiness for the success of the addressee in detail. Offer your praise and appreciate him from your heart. Express your admiration in a simple and understandable language. Complex or hyperbolic sentences usually fade the credibility of your thoughts.
- Middle paragraph is the best place to discuss the importance of the accomplishment. Add some of your personal words of admiration.
- Restates congratulatory message in the last line. Wish him luck and continued success for his future endeavors. Here you can add some lines to express that you would like to continue your relationship with him in future.
- Close it with a complimentary closing remark such as “Best Wishes”, “Thanks and regards” “Yours Truly” or “Sincerely”
- Write your name and put your signature on it to make this authentic.