Fundraising letter are usually written by a non profitable organization, charitable society, NGO or it could be written by an individual with an intention of financial support. It serves as a formal appeal of donation for some noble cause. There are several categories of such letters for example, fundraising letters for school, orphanage, old age home, mission trip or other social and humanitarian causes. It can be an effective way to appeal aids for a charitable cause.
The structure of such letter remains the same with required changes in content according to the purpose. You can convey your request for financial contribution through it in an effective manner. A properly worded letter appeals the people in great way. It provides all the relevant information related with your organization and the cause you are working for. It covers all the essential information with a well thought-out and formal approach. Study the given useful writing tips to compose a great fundraising letter.
Here we have presented some effective tips to write great fundraising letter.
- Compose it on an official letterhead as this will serve as a formal request for fundraising. If you do not have one, start it with your name, title and organization (if applicable).
- Mention the name, title and organization (if applicable) of the recipient.
- Enter the current date.
- Create a short and factual subject line. Include some essential information related with the mission trip. You can add definite dates, place or anything to diver the gist of the writing.
- Write it in an interactive manner. Though, it is a formal letter, write it in simple language as if you would talking to him personally.
- State the purpose of writing in the opening lines with a brief introduction of you or your organization.
- Provide precis information of the work you have undertaken. It is very important to explain the crisis or reason for what you are raising money. Provide clear and understandable information about the purpose of fundraising.
- In the middle paragraph after explaining the problem, discuss the solution of the problem in a simple manner. Add some motivational line to make it persuasive.
- Mention some of your recent works. Include your awards and recognition as it will provide credibility to your request.
- In the last paragraph specifically mention the mode in how the reader can help. Here you can request them to donate in cash and kind. You can also encourage joining you as a volunteer.
- Close it with a thank you note and a formal closure notation.
- Write a P.S. notation. Enter the deadlines to give a sense of urgency. Here you can highlight your core purpose.
Other Categories of Fundraising Letter Writing Tips:-
5 Tips for Writing Effective Fundraising Request Letter
As it is a fundraising request letter, you need to include some points that make your letter more appealing to its reader. If you are still unaware of this fact, you can see the tips below.
Tips on Writing Fundraising Letter for Aged People
To write a fundraising letter for aged people, you format should be perfect enough that can seek response from the people.
Tips to write a Fundraising Solicitation Letter
It is a little bit difficult to express your thought to write Fund Raising Solicitation Letter as you need to know the use of proper language to entice your concerned person.
6 Tips for Writing Political Fundraising Letter
Though it is not difficult to write down a Political Fundraising letter, but it needs some organized sentences to give compactness to this type of letter.
Tips to write a School Fundraising Letter
As the aim of a School Fundraising Letter is to raise funds, the writing style should be something that goes with its nature. To project your thoughts in the right way, you can see the tips stated below.
Tips for Writing Effective Non Profit Fundraising Letter
As it deals with projecting your thoughts in order to find a positive response from the client, you need to know some basic points that make your letter appealing to the others.
5 Tips for Writing an Fundraising Thank You Letter
When you write a Fundraising Thank you Letter, you need to know the key points which add compactness to your letter. You can seek help from the tips stated below to make your expression clear.
Tips to write a Fundraising Donation Letter
As you need to maintain some sorts of gratitude in writing the Fundraising donation letter, you can adopt some tips to make your letter attractive.
Tips for Writing Great Church Fundraising Letter
Church fundraising letter is the way to collecting funds to accomplish some tasks that your church is bound to do, so that the style of the letter should be attractive ones that bring response immediate.
Tips for Writing an Fundraising Letter for Mission Trip
If you are on the way to write such letter and thinking how to write it, here we have provided some easy tips on writing fundraising letter for mission trip.