Farewell letter are typically written to inform your collogues that you are leaving your current organization. It is a formal good bye letter with a slight personal touch. It is certainly an emotional subject of writing as it is a nostalgic spot of life especially in case of retirement or leaving after several years of service. It provides you a chance to express your gratitude and appreciation to your colleagues.
There are several examples of such letters as it could be send to entire organization, your immediate boss, the management, selected set of colleagues or an individual co worker. You can also write a business farewell letter to your clients, customer or business associates. If you are confused and looking for samples on how to write it, there is no set pattern or hard and fast rule for it, just follow your heart. Honesty, thankfulness, admiration, amnesty, affection, compassion and all sorts of emotions are the obvious elements of such letters.
Here are some easy farewell letter writing tips that you can follow to write perfect good bye greetings.
Format and language:
- Make a short, sweet and succinct note for your farewell.
- Compose it on a formal letterhead if you are addressing entire organization, management or your boss.
- You can use some casual stationary if you are writing this to an individual colleague or a selected set of co workers.
- Follow the standard format of letter writing and keep the tone formal, pleasant and sincere.
- You can give a pinch of personal emotions without getting too personal or overdramatizing.
- Create an outline off all the points you want to include in it, for instance, list of recipients, certain dates such as important events, promotion, date of joining etc.
- Announce that you are leaving your current organization with its reason in the opening paragraph.
- This is the paragraph where you can pour out your emotions. Express your thankfulness and appreciation to your colleagues and employer.
- Do not criticize anything related with your organization or co workers.
- Do not write any personal comment about any individual in your work place.
- Always include positive points as there is no use of ending with a negative impression.
- You can write an anecdote to tell something very important related with your professional front.
- Close your letter with a positive and emotion note.
- Wish good luck to your organization and colleagues for the future.
- Request them to contact you on your contact details.
- You can end it with a funny line or anything emotional. It totally depends on your wish.
Proofread and sign:
- Proofread and edit it to make a flawless piece of writing.
- Check for incomplete sentence structure, spelling mistakes, any inadvertent or controversial proverb, spelling or grammatical errors.
- Put your signature to acknowledge its authenticity.
Other Categories of Farewell Letter Writing Tips:-
Tips to Write a Farewell Letter to a Friend
As a farewell letter to a friend is not used for any formal purpose, a person doesn’t have to follow any strict rules to write this letter.
Tips for Writing a Farewell Letter after Resignation
Here are a few tips that a person should keep in mind while writing a farewell letter after resignation.
6 Tips for Writing Farewell Letter to Clients
Following are a few tips that will help a person to write a farewell letter to the client.
Tips to Write a Farewell Letter to Boss
As a farewell letter to a boss is a formal gesture to say goodbye, you can follow some tips which a person must keep in mind while writing the letter.
Business Farewell Letter Writing Tips
Writing a business farewell letter means riding back the past days of your working life.
Tips to write a Farewell Letter to Coworkers
We have provided best tips for farewell letter to co workers to make your writing flawless.